Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Full Moon Fever



Full moon party is the most fun I’ve ever had in my entire life.

I was actually contemplating not coming to this place. The travel guide books and forums online talk about how its stupid to go to a beautiful asian country just to hang out with westerners. They say you should instead experience Thai culture. They also talk about how dangerous it is and how people will try to steal your stuff, break into your room, drug you, etc.

I think these travel writers/people have never been to the full moon party.

Still, I was expecting most of the people to be party animal-types that I wouldn’t really get along with. Instead, it’s the opposite. I’d say that the full moon party is a collection of some of the world’s best, most friendly people. Everybody wants to talk to you, and almost everybody are very interesting people.

This is what I did last night:

Pre-drink with my new kiwi friends that are super super fun and great people. I was never interested in New Zealand before, but now I really want to go there.

Party with the craziest and coolest Irish guys. The guys all bought hilarious old woman-type dresses and wore them all night. The craziest Irish guy of them all wore no underwear and had no problem flashing people upon request.

Dance with a beautiful Russian girl that also happens to be a stellar dancer.

Dance and chill out with awesome guys from Uganda. They’re really good dancers, and they say every night in Uganda everybody goes out and dances. I want to go to Uganda.

Shared laughs with tons of British people.

Had a long conversation with a chef from Jackson Hole, Wyoming who is an amazing snowboarder. He said one season he rode 140 days. That’s probably how many days I’ve snowboarded in my entire life. He says its not unusual for him to ride with pros.

Hung out with a great guy that is now my friend named Donald from Kelowna. Like me, he’s interested in things like investing and poker. And travel, obviously.

Spoke some (bad) Spanish with a girl from Buenos Aires.

Had a great conversation with an aussie guy with dreadlocks who I would say is arguably the most enlightened person I’ve ever met. He’s the same age as me, and says that he takes so many different kinds of drugs he probably couldn’t name them all.

Met so many Canadians that I lost count.

Danced all night.

Didn’t go to bed until 9 in the morning.

On my way home, kissed a girl that may be one of the most beautiful girls I’ve ever seen. I can’t remember her name, but she’s Irish.

Like the aussie guy said, “I don’t know what I’ve done to deserve a life this good”. And I couldn’t agree more.

I don’t know if I would do what Donald’s doing and just live here for a few months, but I definitely wouldn’t mind coming back in the future.

I showed up a few days early to make sure I got a decent bed. I’m really glad I did because the really crazy partying wasn’t actually on last night’s full moon party, but the few nights before hand. On full moon all the regular tourists come for the night, and they’re not really as fun as the backpacker/traveler crowd. But they’re still pretty fun.

I might do a couple of changes to my blog format pretty soon. One of my kiwi friends, Kim Spikybombshell is (what I would call even though she wouldn’t agree with me) a semi-professional blogger and she gave me a couple tips. She made a travel blog for her trip, so if you want to take a look you can follow the link.

On this post I just decided to leave the photos for the end. I only took pictures of the pre-drinking place(not the actual full moon party), but I really like all the people that were there.

The picture at the top is the pool of the place I’m staying at. I pay $10 a night for the room.

This is the snowboarder guy from Jackson Hole
















These are some Thai people. The Thai’s love to party right along with all the tourists.
















These are my kiwi friends. They rock! Kim, the one on the left drew my maple leaf for me.
















The Uganda Guys
















Me with a couple of the Irish guys.
















This is the craziest Irish guy of them all. He’s so cool.
















Random British people
















Random hot girls


1 comment:

Richard said...

Awesome post buddy, it is such a good time right! Glad to see you're having so much fun, couldn't agree more that the people on that island are amazing. Happy halloween!