Saturday, November 19, 2011

Sky Diving


Bolivia is now behind us, and we've arrived back in a much more modern (and expensive) country: Argentina. Famous for soccer, tango, and beef, I hope to experience it all. 

After a long day and half of busing we made a quick stop in central Argentina on our way to Buenos Aires. One thing that has been on my bucket list is sky diving, and if the price was right, we were hoping to try it out in South America.

The stars aligned, and before we knew what was happening, we were hopping in a cab to take us to the sky diving centre in Cordoba, Argentina.

With a (very) quick instruction session in Spanish, we were apparently ready to hit the skies and make our first jump. Jordan had the honours first, followed by James, and then me last.


When the guide opened the door of the plane and pushed me towards the edge, my heart was pounding through my chest. I really didn't have a chance to ponder NOT jumping, because before I knew what was happening the guide pushed me out the door and I was falling towards the earth.

It was REALLY fun, the feeling of floating in the air, but it was over way too fast. The free fall lasted 20 seconds and then once the parachute was pulled I floated for somewhere around 4 minutes down to the ground. Over all a super fun activity and I recommend it to everyone.


We've arrived in Buenos Aires 2 days ago, and we're planning to spend a few more days here before taking the ferry across the Rio Plata to Montevideo, Uruguay. Tonight we have tickets to a Premiership League soccer match, and then we're going to check out the legendary Buenos Aires night life. It's nice to be back in warmer weather and hopefully we'll get a chance to hit the beaches soon.

No comments: